Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Teaching Resources

Lanternfish provides many helpful teaching resources for ESL and TEFL teachers. There are a wide range of worksheets and lesson plans available, all based on the kind of skills and themes the teachers wants to work on.The brief description of each lesson plan on the main page makes it easier for the teacher to choose. Also, each lesson plan is laid out clearly and comprehensively. The variety of areas and topics makes this site suitable for all age groups and levels of learners.
One lesson that I would particularly like to try with my students is the Job Fair role-play. Although the site gives step-by-step instructions on the lesson plan, the teacher can adapt it according to her own context and learning needs of her students. Like, the lesson lists What did you study in University? as one of its questions for the interview. If this appears to be too simple, then I can introduce the word 'qualification' and tell me my students that this question can be rephrased as 'What are your qualifications?'.
This lesson is part of the Business English section of the website. This section has many activities that I can try with my college level students to prepare them better for the professional world.
The site can also take you to an interesting link on the Glossary of ESL terms. It is a relatively short but helpful resource for language teachers as well as students learning to navigate the world of second language teaching and education. I was excited to see so many of the concepts that I have learned this semester listed on this site! Each entry is explained in simple terms. The site can be very helpful for refreshing some of the key concepts related to language acquisition theories and practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment